Jan 7, 2010

Snow Day

So today was the first, and hopefully the last, snow day of 2010. Tate and I enjoyed some cartoons in our PJs until mid-morning before wandering outside to play in the snow. Once outside Tate was mesmerized.
"It's snowing!"
"No baby, it already snowed," I explained.
We roamed around the backyard for a minute before deciding to head around front where the wind was not at fierce.
On the front side of the house Tate kept pointing at my car and saying "machine." (I guess he took in a few too many episodes of Scooby Doo, complete with the Mystery Machine, on Christmas Break.)
The little man is lingering around my car so I show him how, because the snow was so powdery, you can wipe it right off.
Oops!
He took it upon himself to remove all the snow from the molding above the wheel wells, back bumper and hitch on the back half of my car.


Eventually he lost interest in the snow removal project.
Walking along the driveway in his rain boots he noticed he was making tracks. So... he starts to stomp, stomp, stomp...


and then takes a moment to admire his work.


After the stomping we ventured out into the road, mainly because I was curious if there was any ice under the snow. There was. But just a tinsy, winsy bit.
We kind of slipped and slid a little, but never went crashing down.



Once safely inside Tate immediately ripped his hat off and began the task of peeling off the layers I had carefully dressed him in in an effort to keep him warm. Shaking off the cold myself, I caught a glimpse of Tate and I couldn't help myself. Even though he said he needed to go potty, I had to snap a few pictures of his hat hair.


Even with crazy hair he's still cute as a bug!

No comments: