Oct 31, 2009

Halloween

Tate never ceases to amaze me. Tonight we went trick-or-treating with The Streets.


At the first house we coax Tate to the front door and prompt him to say "trick or treat." Well I'm not sure if he actually said trick or treat or not. However, after the nice lady put candy in his neon green jack-o-lantern he promptly pushed past the woman of the house, following their yellow lab. Apparently once inside he plopped down to dig in to his candy and hang out with their dog. Chuck went in after him. As the guys were coming out the man came out and was talking to us. He said, "hey I know you!" I looked and sure enough it was the "rug guy." You know the guy that brings the rugs to the office and takes away the others away to be cleaned. So I guess that made me feel a little better knowing that Tate didn't help himself into a complete strangers house. Oh well!


We pressed on. The kids hit a few more house before Tate discovered there were leaves on the ground. I don't know why, but Tate is fascinated with leaves. Every time we're outside Tate brings me a leaf. It's almost like he's bringing me a flower.
Anyhow I think we ended up with 3 leaves in his jack-o-lantern.


If you didn't notice in the last picture Chuck dressed up for Halloween too. He was the one and only Shaggy. They were so cute together!


The little guy was really getting into the swing of things, checking his stash every so often.


Finally we got home and Tate dove into his buck-o-candy. "CANDY!" he said as he came up with a Hershey's chocolate sucker. Apparently it was pretty good because he was walking around the house showing it off.


On Friday Tate was allowed to dress up at daycare for Halloween. I didn't want to deal with the Scooby costume. At our church's fall festival Wednesday evening I learned the Scooby costume is hot. So I opted for something a little more simple. Thinking quick on my feet I decided on a fireman. It worked out well. Tate loves his rain boots and is constantly running around the house in his fire hat.


By the way, here's a little something to back up the theory about Tate being too hot in the Scooby costume indoors.


That's right this is Tate in his underwear in a bounce house at our church's fall festival. Once inside the bounce and safely out of the reach of his mommy he striped out of his costume and threw it over the side.

No comments: